Wrongful death is a claim in common law jurisdictions against a person who can be held liable for a death. The claim is brought in a civil action, usually by close relatives, as enumerated by statute. Under common law, a dead person cannot bring a suit, and this created a legal hole in which activities that resulted in a person’s injury would result in civil sanction but activities that resulted in a person’s death would not.
If you have a wrongful death lawsuit you are eligible to receive compensation for the following items:
• Compensation for pain & suffering
• Reimbursement for payments of any medical expenses incurred
• Compensation for your loss of companionship
• Recovery of loss of earnings of the decedent
• Reimbursement for your out of pocket expenses incurred
• Reimbursement for burial and funeral expenses
• Recovery of your present and future financial losses
To schedule a free consultation with an experienced lawyer at The Immigrant Law Group call us toll-free at 1-888-LALAW09 (1-888-525-2909) or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.